Monday 19 May 2014

Rachel Tan's Chingay Reflections

After attending the Chingay parade 2014, I learnt that Singapore was a multi-cultural count with many diversities, but we are still one nation, one Singapore. I felt that my favourite part of the parade was when we all stood up and started being 'high' along with the music, which was nearing the end. We did cheers and waved our pompoms along with the music. At that time, I could feel the 'RV spirit' between us, when everyone was high together, it felt like we were one big family. Nevertheless, the parade was fantastic and the dancers did a very good job. I especially liked the small ones, their ages probably ranging from 5-7 as they were smaller than everyone else (and super cute) but still danced very well. In a nutshell, I felt that being given the opportunity to experience the Chingay Parade 2014 was wonderful and I hope we will be given this opportunity again!

No comments:

Post a Comment