Monday 30 June 2014

Hotel reviews

Hotel in Shanghai: ***
 
The hotel is generally well furnished with everything one would need for a short stay in the bustling state of shanghai. However, any trip that lasts more than 1 night, I would suggest moving. Though they provide basic necessities (which is good), the pillow provided are paper thin, coupled with a bed that one could even feel the spring. If you are one of those that cannot stand a bed like this or require a comfy beauty sleep through the night, this is not your pick. However I believe that this would be a cheap plan B if you are left hapless.
 
Hotel in Hefei: *****
 
This hotel is marvelous. It may seemed biased considering the ranking of the hotels, however, there are various reasons for my stand. The entire room gives you a modern contemporary feel yet with a tinge of nostalgic aftertaste. In short, the entire room exemplifies perfection. The flooring is not only made of carpeted tiles but also with black cracked tiles. Not only is it good, but there are restaurants, convenience stores in 5min ++ walking distance. This is definitely a must go hotel.
 
Hotel in huangshan: **
 
Not to put down this hotel as I understand that it is hard to maintain up here in the mountain region, however, what I experienced is downright unacceptable no matter how tough it is. The service here is terrible. According to one of my classmates, the staff simply threw the trash onto the other bed and walked off. This is certainly wrong as the staff should never do things so sloppily. Furthermore, when I first reached the level where my room was, I was reeked with the strong stench of the cigarette. In the rooms nearby, there were loud conversations and the sound of intense gambling. This is so unsafe. They did not even have a basic sewage system. The toilets were clogged very badly and it literally took 2-3mins for water to go down the drain (at first the whole toilet was flooded due to showering). I really do not recommend this hotel, though yet again I would make for a cheap second plan.
 
Hotel in Tunxi/Huizhou: ****
 
This hotel is relatively good. The entire build up does not seem so but the interior has some quality. I think this would be a rather good choice for your trip in china.

No comments:

Post a Comment